GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Sunday 8 July 2012

Hydraulic hose bracket.

I actually made this a few weeks back but only just reached the position where I could fit it.

I started out with a length of box section.



From which I cut a section designed to cup the hydraulic hoses which go from the resevoirs to the master cylinders.



I used an off cut to make a leg and drilled some holes for mounting and allow me to "puddle" weld the two together.



Welds finished and ground smooth



I painted it black with some POR-15 and bolted it to the steering column support using the same U-bolt that holds the column itself. To finish, a couple of zip ties holds the hydraulic hoses in their place. Quite proud of this !

2 comments:

Hydraulic Hoses said...

Wow!! Love this idea!! Will definitely be trying it!

Ryan said...

Thanks for your comment, you'll have to watch the material used for the leg part of the bracket is not too thick or the u-bolt which holds the steering column won't be long enough to go through both parts. I just about got away with it by using thinner washers behind the nylock nuts.