GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Monday 13 February 2012

Fuel Tank... again

Took the tank back out again today. Some of the wires I'd bunched up to get them "out of the way", got "in the way" of the outlet at the bottom of the tank. 3 hrs later, it's all a lot tidier and back together.



Space is pretty tight but everything is secured and neat and tidy.



I forgot to take a photo but I also took the opportunity to place a fixing through the rear of the boot to secure one of the fuel lines which run behind it. I drilled and tapped a hole and from inside the boot and screwed a M6 button head with a big washer behind it through the rear of the boot with a spot of araldite to hold it in place. Once it dried, I had a stud to secure a p clip onto and hold the fuel line secure and away from the chassis member.

Once the tank was back in I refitted the boot lid. This has been fitted before but I've now finished and polished the edges and fed the wiring through it for the number plate light.

No comments: