After I'd let the glue set I turned my attention to the ends which needed to have small V section cut into the edge to allow it to curve around the corner. It was a bit fiddly especially the the very last end piece which needs to tuck back and overlap itself but it worked out OK. There was also a little trimming required where the leather overlapped some of the holes for the gauges.
Next step was to cut some holes and fit the gauges. I must admit this was one of those jobs where I was just going to do one and see what it looked like. From the rear, I divided the holes into 16th's and using a Stanley knife carefully cut through the leather stopping about 5mm from the edge of the hole. I should've known better especially after reading other accounts of this part of the build, once you start, you just can't stop yourself
For the time being I haven't glued the tabs down on the rear yet, I wanted to see how the leather sat before I decided how much tension to put into it. In the pictures, I've just pushed the gauges through the holes, I haven't pulled on the tabs at all and it looks about right so I'll try and stick them down as they are. I'm using Evostick time bond which gives you a few chances to get it right before committing yourself, that's perfect for me !