GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Friday 11 June 2010

Side Vents

I fitted the first of the side vents last night. The vent itself is stainless steel and is pictured here still covered in masking tape to prevent it getting scratched. It was slightly oversize for the recess and needed the corners reshaping slightly for it to sit comfortably inside. It is fixed with M3 x 30mm button heads that are self tapped into 2.5mm holes drilled in the body within the recess. In order to space the vent off the inside surface of the recess and control the depth that it sits inside, I've used some aluminium sleeve on the backside of the bolts as spacers which I bought from B&Q. I cut them to 18mm which seems to be about right. Before the vent is fitted for the last time I'll spray the spacers and the recess matt black.

No comments: