GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Sunday 30 May 2010

Tidying up a few edges

No pictures, just a quick description of what I've been up to other than trampolining.
Most of the components fitted to the body are trial fitted but I'm getting towards the stage where I'm happy with the fit and they can be permantly bolted into place. Thoughts have turned towards polishing the body and making good any and areas which might require a little attention. This week I've been concentrating on the bonnet and going all around the edge, rubbing down, filling with gelcoat and rubbing again to get a nice clean finish. Once that's done, there's some work to do on the edge of the boot lid and along the top of the doors. Most things have now been fitted at one stage or another, the only major part left to tackle is the windscreen which I've yet to purchase and is the next part of the jigsaw allowing the wipers/wiper motor to be fitted. I'll probably trial fit like most of the other stuff to make sure I'm happy and then it's an all over body polish and this stuff can all be bolted back on for the last time.

No comments: