Two weeks in and I've cut all the holes in the doors. These require four holes in the inside panel to bolt onto the hinge arms with a section cut out above in order to mount the door release mechanism. In the end of each door, two holes are drilled to mount the door catch with a slot cut out for the door catch release mechnism to pass through. One thing I have done is moved ahead without taking too many before and after photos so I can only show you what I've done without comparing where I started from. I'll try to remember to take more photos as things progress.
I've also painted the metalwork. This includes the hinge plates, the hinge arms and the side intrusions bars. The side intrusion bars consist of two lengths of square section steel, one of which slides inside the other. This enables the bar to deflect in the event of an impact but also rather handily makes fitting much easier as the two parts can be slid together to fit into the door aperature and once inside extended again before bolting into position. One end bolts through the door onto the hinge arms with the other end supporting the door catch. I've painted the metal work with Hammerite Rust Preventative Primer with a top coat of black Hammerite Smooth. The inside of the square section will be treated with waxoyl. The picture shows the hinge arrangement trial fitted together before fitting to the car.