GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Sunday 22 January 2012

Boot Wiring

No Pictures today but I've just finished rubbing down and polishing the edges of the boot. I'd had a few goes at touching up the gel coat along the edges where the two skins meet but I seemed to be continuously finding new bits which I presumably missed the last time around. Taking no prisoners I masked up the front and rear face of the boot and using an artists brush painted two thick coats of gel all the way round the edge. It's taken some rubbing down to get the profile back and everything looking smooth but its made such a nice job I wish I'd been a little bolder in the first place.

I've also passed the wiring through the hinge and the boot skin for the number plate light, a little fiddly but I got there in the end.

I'll post some pictures next time.

No comments: