GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Sunday 12 August 2012

Venturing out

One week since IVA and I've been out on 4 relatively small runs and just stayed local to get a feel for things. I've done about 150 miles now including the trip to MOT and IVA and today I went to my first "meet" with the local owners club. I have been before but's it's been a while since I've seen anyone and it was good to catch up and meet a few people for the first time. The car is performing flawlessly, it did have a problem with the MIL (malfunction indicator light) light coming on occasionally which seemed to be heat related. i.e. it only came on when up to temperature and once on it stayed on for a bit and then went off. Against all the good points of a modern engine, you have no way of telling what the light comes on for without plugging it into a laptop however, I do also have oil pressure, oil temperature and water temperature gauges which all read normal.

Tongue in cheek - the light hasn't came on as much since I refitted the radiator cap which fell off whilst out on a run so my assumption of it being heat related seems to be ringing true. On today's run out to the local meet which was a coolish day and involved a 15 mile trip either way, motorway there and steady A road on the way back, the light didn't come on once !

Who's the new boy in the corner ?

No comments: