GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Floor carpets pt 1.

I stole and hour or so in the garage today to finish glueing the piece of carpet to the rear bulkhead and to fit the rear floor carpets. These aren't glued in but held in place by nature of the harness eye bolts and seats runners bolting through them. I'd previously drilled the holes for the harness and seats and by placing the carpet in position and then carefully pulling it back and marking the hole edges with a piece of chalk I could lay the carpet back down and transfer the marks onto the rear. Removing the carpet from the car, I used a punch to cut out the holes. Here you can see it laid back in with bolts pushed through the holes to make sure it all lines up. This is the drivers side and you can see I still need to cut around the handbrake mount which I'll try and do tomorrow. The wire and connector you can see at the rear is for the heated seats.

No comments: