GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Sunday 5 May 2013

Tis the season

Well the warm weather finally arrived and along with it, 6 months road tax, it seems a long time since I was last on the road. Most of last year was spent building and it wasn't until fairly late in the summer the car was IVA'd and I could start driving it. Consequently I still have a small list of jobs to do...!
With the rush to get on the road I never really paid much attention to mounting the number plates. They have both been mounted with the double sided sticky pads you get from the plate makers and whilst the front one has been OK, with the curvature of the boot lid the rear one kept coming unstuck. So, taking a little inspiration from someone else's work, I made a bracket. This fits underneath and is held in place by the rear number plate light and by using a few rivnuts, allows the number plate to be screwed to it. This was only meant to a mock up in aluminium to see if it would work but it fits so well I may just leave it as is. If I ever run out of things to do I may revisit this and make another one from stainless.




 
Ta daa... !

No comments: